If you have a passion for Customer Service & Tools/Construction Equipment, this job is for you! The Inside Sales Representative will represent Durante Rentals in one our locations spread across NY, NJ or CT by providing the highest level of customer service to contractors, vendors, and businesses interested in renting tools & construction equipment. This is a desk & phone position, with advancement throughout your career at Durante into many roles if you choose. We believe strongly in promoting from within and encourage our employees to plan your future with us!
What are the Key Job Responsibilities?
Working under general supervision, the Inside Sales Representative performs a variety of tasks.
- Ability to handle a high volume of inbound calls, while making outbound calls to close new and existing businesses throughout the entire day.
- Being able to juggle multiple calls at time and ability to transfer calls to departments.
- Building relationships with clients to ensure customer retention / return business.
- Ability to reach and exceed monthly revenue goals.
- Must be able to follow through with a sale from initial call to generation of final invoice.
- Provide the highest level of customer service in all situations.
- Must be polite and professional while assisting walk-in customers face-to-face.
- Manage time and duties to ensure branch and lot cleanliness.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
What is the Education and Experience Requirements?
- Associates Degree or higher (HS Diploma considered with work experience in the industry).
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Construction equipment knowledge a plus!
- Previous Rental-Style company a plus!
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus!
What are the Key Skills and Attributes necessary to be successful in the position?
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Communication
- Technical Competency
- Work Ethic
- Determination and Persistence
- Ability to Work in Harmony with Co-Workers
- Eager and Willing to Add to Their Knowledge Base and Skills
Job’s Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Job has some physical demands including Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs., occasional lifting up to 50 lbs., and infrequent lifting up to 75 lbs. Ability to climb over and into heavy equipment occasionally.