Service Mechanic – Flushing, NY
If you have a passion for diesel engines, hydraulics, and construction equipment, this job is for you! The Heavy Equipment Mechanic repairs, services, and maintains construction equipment at various customer sites and other Durante Rentals locations across the tri-state area. This position requires the ability to work various types of construction equipment on all trucks, trailers, aerial lifts, and heavy equipment.
- High School or equivalent, 5+ years of hands-on experience with diesel engines and hydraulics.
- Experience in latest electronically controlled machinery and heavy equipment.
- Able to fully comprehend hydraulic and electrical schematics with a history of successful troubleshooting and technical experience.
- Experience with diagnostic software.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and written in a service-oriented manner to fellow team members, vendors, and manufacturers for questions and support.
- Perform work in a safe and responsible manner.
Essential Functions / Work Environment:
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Able to follow attention to detail, support teamwork, and communicate.
- Possess the ability to multi-task, follow directions, and dependable in responsibilities.
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs., and infrequently lifting up to 75 lbs. Ability to climb over and into heavy equipment occasionally.